Monday, March 3, 2014

An ode to the Ancient Wisdom...

An ode to the Ancient Wisdom...



Trees are Nature's teachers. Sacred guardians of an ancient, but timeless wisdom. They are time honoured guides for the ways of Man.
 


And when trouble beckons, that they raise their eyes to the Heavens.
And their help shall come from the one who created the Heaven and earth.
 
  

 


That they abide by my instructions
And their feet not go astray.
That they not follow the vices and temptations of a young world.
But act with the wisdom of ages.




Come and glory in the shade of my wisdom.
I shall teach you the wisdom of yore and secrets of the morrow.
You shall learn to fall and to not fear.
You shall learn to get up and to bow your head in humility.
Come and I shall teach you.
Come and glory in the shade of my wisdom and you shall never bear the heat of folly
.

 
That when they feel low, when they lose their sense of direction
That they look within themselves, and extract the real treasures from within.
That they find their strength within, and not lose hope to live.





That they offer their branches for the birds to rest.
That they offer their shade for the restless and weary.




What’s in a teacher’s heart?
What’s in my heart, it is in here.
My heart is full of a prayer and it is thus:



That my wards not just thrive where they are,
But blossom into flowers and fruits.
Spreading fragrance and offering their sweet to all.




Things change
People change
Places change
But place your feet firmly on the ground
And let your values and principles take root in the depths of your character.






May your heart be content always.
May your riches be enough.
And your needs few.






Underneath this soil, lies the soul of yesteryear's, the memories of days gone by.
Your history, your heritage, lies within.
Look around, take what is yours.
Learn from what is not to be yours.
 



This is unbecoming of us, to laugh at the plight of others.
For, unbeknownst to us, the wheels of fortune change.
And what today is ours, becomes another’ s.
And what is another’ s misfortune becomes ours.
Therefore, help, without expectations.
Give, without questioning.





Let me teach you this:
Meditate.
Listen to yourself.
Find your soul.
Find your cosmic identity.
Knowing who you are is knowing the divine, knowing humanity.
Therefore, close your eyes and search for you.



I shall take you up winding roads
And along straight paths
Hold my hands
And fix your gaze on me
You shall never waver, never falter.
I shall walk with you and we will learn as we journey.





Rain, shine, spring, autumn, monsoon, winter.
Every day brings a change.
Embrace it and be the change that you wish to see around you.






My children, gather beneath me.
Let me teach you the lessons of life.
My instructions are priceless and timeless.
And I teach all alike, whether old or young, fair or dark, lady or lord.
Come hither, and listen carefully then.



An ode to the Ancient Wisdom...
Narration - Saumya Sara Roy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Email

abimpulikeezh@gmail.com